By Jac A. Nickoloff,Merl F. Hoekstra
By Peter Mullany
By William B. Coleman,Gregory J. Tsongalis
This streamlined "essential" model of the Molecular Pathology (2009) textbook extracts key details, illustrations and pictures from the most textbook within the similar quantity and association of chapters. it's geared toward instructing scholars in classes the place the whole textbook isn't really wanted, however the techniques incorporated are fascinating (such as graduate scholars in allied health and wellbeing courses or undergraduates). it's also geared toward scholars who're enrolled in classes that basically use a standard pathology textbook, yet desire the complementary options of molecular pathology (such as scientific students). additional, the textbook can be beneficial for pathology citizens and different postdoctoral fellows who wish to develop their realizing of molecular mechanisms of disorder past what they realized in medical/graduate school.
- Offers an essential introduction to molecular genetics and the "molecular" elements of human disease
- Teaches from the viewpoint of "integrative structures biology," which encompasses the intersection of all molecular features of biology, as utilized to realizing human disease
- In-depth presentation of the rules and perform of molecular pathology: molecular pathogenesis, molecular mechanisms of sickness, and the way the molecular pathogenesis of disorder parallels the evolution of the sickness utilizing histopathology.
- "Traditional" pathology part presents cutting-edge details at the significant kinds of disorder, their pathologies, and the molecular mechanisms that force those diseases.
- Explains the perform of "molecular drugs" and the translational facets of molecular pathology: molecular diagnostics, molecular evaluation, and customized medicine
- Each bankruptcy ends with Key precis issues and recommended Readings
By Sandy B. Primrose,Richard Twyman
- Comprehensively revised, up to date and rewritten to surround inside of one quantity, uncomplicated and complex gene manipulation options, genome research, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics
- Includes new chapters at the purposes of genomics
- An accompanying web site - www.blackwellpublishing.com/primrose - presents guidelines for either pupil and lecturer use, together with a number of selection questions, comparable web content, and the entire paintings in a downloadable format.
- An crucial reference for higher point undergraduate and graduate scholars of genetics, genomics, molecular biology and recombinant DNA technology.
By Ellen Mantus,Standing Committee on Risk Analysis Issues and Rev
The symposium used to be hung on might 11-13, 2009, in Washington, DC, and integrated displays and dialogue classes on pathway-based techniques for danger id, purposes of latest ways to mode-of-action analyses, the demanding situations to and possibilities for chance evaluate within the altering paradigm, and destiny directions.
By Annabelle Rodriguez-Oquendo
Translational Cardiometabolic Genomic Medicine, edited by means of Dr. Annabelle Rodriguez-Oquendo, is a vital source to postgraduate (medical, dental and graduate) scholars, postdoctoral fellows, uncomplicated scientists, and healthcare professional scientists looking to comprehend and extend their wisdom base within the box of genomic drugs because it is utilized to cardiometabolic ailments.
This guide integrates state of the art experimental methods similar to chromatin immunoprecipitation paired finish tagging (CHIA-PET), to inhabitants stories resembling the Multi-Ethnic examine of Atherosclerosis.
It contains a variety of ebook chapters that spotlight bioinformatic techniques to higher figuring out performance of the noncoding areas of the human genome to using molecular diagnostic trying out in predicting elevated danger of cardiovascular illnesses. the place acceptable, this reference additionally contains chapters on the topic of healing ideas in particular aligned to molecular targets.
- Provides accomplished study on translational genomic medication
- Explains state of the art genome enhancing for stem cells and mouse types with major relevance to human cardiometabolic disease
- Includes discussions at the sensible results of unmarried nucleotide polymorphisms and cardiometabolic ailments, stratified by means of intercourse and race
- Encompasses a number ebook chapters that spotlight bioinformatic ways to higher knowing performance of the noncoding areas of the human genome
By Frank Kempken,Renate Kempken
Bieten gentechnisch veränderte Pflanzen eine Zukunftsperspektive? Kompetent und auf dem neuesten Erkenntnisstand geben die Autoren einen Überblick über die Chancen und Risiken der pflanzlichen Gentechnik: Methoden, Verfahren zur Erzeugung und Identifizierung transgener Pflanzen, Anwendungsbeispiele sowie Freisetzungsversuche und Fragen der Kommerzialisierung. Der Band enthält Boxen mit Hintergrundinformationen, einprägsame Kernaussagen sowie ein umfangreiches Glossar. In der Neuauflage sind alle Abbildungen farbig, alle Kapitel wurden aktualisiert.
By Chris A. Wozniak,Alan McHughen